Friday, September 28, 2007

Where did you leave you're toenail, ma'am?

So I stopped by Watson's on my way home to buy gauze and tape to fix up the gaping hole in my foot where my toenail fell off. The Filipino guard, who was the only one who spoke English, kept addressing me as ma'am and using this as reasoning for being able to ask me many invasive questions, like why my toenail fell off and where I left it and what I did here and whether or not he'd seen Nissa before with some old woman at the bus stop. He was for sure a chatty Kathy. Oh well, we escaped and hopefully my nail will grow back and life will be good.

In other news, we got paid today and they managed to screw us out of US$100. Hopefully, now that we've complained to the Registrar they'll find a way to reimburse it and not have it happen again. I can't believe that we're getting punished for them not having our visas ready yet. Punks!!

According to Mom, everything happens for a reason so let's hope that this does get figured out and I get my money back in a timely manner.

No comments: