Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The day after the first day of school

I don't know whether to be excited or worried. My schedule this semester is pretty lame, I have two less classes than last semester which means more free time, but as usual, the school has done it's best to sabotage that. My schedule has me working once on Monday at 3 and then I don't have to teach again until Wednesday at 11 AM. This means I have Tuesday off and nothing to do but go to yoga, wander around this tiny island and watch the L World online, yes I know, my life is boring.

I was trying to think of ways to utilize this free time, like on Thursday's and Friday's when I have two hour gaps between my classes, or Wednesday's with a whopping four hour gap, the other class is at 5 PM. I have no friends that aren't teachers or working in prison, poor Candy so I can't go on lunch dates, I'm not a real fan of long walks when they're not with someone else but I guess I could get a lot of reading done wandering around the trails across from the school or buckling down and learning some more characters or may be if I'm really ambitious and hard-working I could figure out what the hell to do next year, look into more theatres, e-mail contacts, APPLY for internships. I mean it wouldn't hurt would it?

Who knows? Maybe I'll just take really long naps and hate life, but like I said at the beginning I'm going to optimistic this year, and I can't let that drag now. I know...I'll finally write that class letter I've been planning to write since ooooh December....let's see what I actually....oh man, this is just bad

No comments: