Sunday, October 21, 2007

Boys clubs and friends

So I thought about posting this last night when I got home from the Pub, but I thought sleeping on a rant makes it better right? well here it is

Okay so I already know what I can/will probably learn from this experience, but really is it necessary, I mean, why are there spaces in the world that cater to and create these type of people.

So, the hash, it's great, really, there are soooooo many wonderful things, but why is it that the men who are in it, for the most part are complete bastards when it comes to dealing with anyone who's not like them. Because I am young and a woman, I don't know anything and I can't carry on a conversation, or if I can they only can argue in a way that I honestly have never been confronted with before and refuse to believe that I have a point or am agreeing with their's but rephrasing it. I mean your experience, though it gives you a framework from where to begin isn't everything. Your life is not the be all and end all of examples with which to illustrate your points.

I mean I do understand, this group was started by a bunch of military men who were all overseas and wanted a group to exercise with and hang out but really it does not mean that you should create a persona around your hash name and then forget that you are a real person and act like a complete and utter ass.

Aaaah, oh well, at least the gossip is good.

How does one get someone to grow up and out of themselves when they are already 28 and should have done it already?

I hate to give up on something with so much potential for goodness/so much fun but really some of the shit I put up with from those people is ridiculous. Thoughts....too many to write about and I'm tired, maybe it would've been better/more coherent if I'd written it at 3 AM...

No comments: